Camera Shake & Vibration
Footage not as smooth as you'd expect when filming with your phone? See below for symptoms and potential solutions.
- Shaky footage
- Vibration in footage throughout slide
- Confirm phone mount isn't loose.
- If using iPhone 7 or higher use included ND filter:
- Once connected to the ROV Motion app focus on your subject.
- Select "M" from the option menu on the right hand side of the screen.
- If your shutter speed in the menu defaults to more than 1/60th, you'll want to use an ND filter.
- Hit the "ND" button on the left hand side of the screen. This will have on-screen instructions.
- Attach the ND filter over your phone's lens.
- Twist the variable ND filter until the the bar in the middle of the screen turns green, this indicates the proper exposure for most conditions.
- This will result in a cinematic effect when filming, alleviating shake and vibration by locking the shutter speed and ISO and controlling the incoming light instead.
What is an ND filter?
Neutral Density (ND) filters reduce the intensity of colors of light equally from entering the camera, in measured amount. This allows more control in selecting shutter speed and aperture combinations in a variety of conditions.